Early Childhood Education
NZTC has a 40 year history of empowering early childhood educators with comprehensive and professional programs.
All qualifications on offer at NZTC are internationally recognised and NZQA approved.
Our vision is to empower our students with knowledge, skills, attitudes and beliefs that will enable them to be effective early childhood educators. To fulfill our vision we aim to:
- Deliver relevant and high quality academic training in early childhood education
- Provide a stimulating, supportive learning environment for our students
- Recognise the uniqueness of early childhood development in the life cycle
- Create a learning environment that enables our students to realise their highest potential
- Give our students practical skills for working in the early childhood sector
- Recognise and appreciate that our students are uniquely gifted and their individuality should be respected
- Educate our students to support the child's primary caregivers - the parents
- Acknowledge that early childhood teachers can make a difference in the lives of young children and their families
- Enable our students to be true professionals in their career
Early Childhood Education News
Sri Lankan student excited to continue studies in New Zealand
New Zealand Diploma in Early Childhood Education and Care (Level 6) student, Marian Fernando, feels optimistic for her bright future in ECE.
Ngā Aukume o Te Pū Taka Māori | Te Reo Māori Alphabet Magnets
NZTC launches te reo Māori alphabet magnets to support teaching and learning in the ECE sector.
New He Kupu issue explores the role of holism in tamariki learning
The connection of holism to teaching practice in early childhood education is examined in the latest issue out now.